EFFECTIVE DATE: June 15, 2021
Application (the “Application”), and the services available through our Site and Application (collectively, the “Services”).
By downloading or using the Application or using any of our Services, you agree that your information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of the Application and Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and
our Terms of Service www.happy.ai/TermsOfService including its applicable limitations on damages and resolution of disputes. The Happy Health Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you through your use of our Happy Ring, Application or Services.
- Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect certain information directly from you depending on how you use our Services. To create an account, you must provide your Phone number and email address. When you wear the Happy
Ring, we may collect data regarding your bodily characteristics, including basic demographic information such as name, age, gender, height, weight; psychometric data such as how you’re feeling, sleep quality, and perceived stress or other wellness
indicators. To help improve your experience or enable certain features of the Services to help you become more aware of how you may interact with the external environment, you may choose to provide us with additional information, such as your GPS
location, connected third-party app data, or optional text or audio based journaling. If you complete one of our surveys, we will collect the information you provide in your survey responses. This information does not constitute your personal health
information, and is not intended to provide any medical diagnosis, analysis, or advice for treatment. If you make a purchase through our Site or Application, we will collect your payment information, such as your credit or debit card information and
your shipping and billing address. We may also collect additional information from you if you contact us, including your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information that you choose to
provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address.
- Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system;
web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; and the referring URL, or webpage that led you to our Site. We also may collect the following information about your use of the Application:
mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our Application. To the extent permitted
by law, we may combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
We also automatically collect information about and from your Happy Ring. This includes physiologic data such as heart rate, sleep, breathing, activity levels, temperature, emotional and stress levels, as well as information about your Happy Ring’s
usage, battery state, software versions, algorithm versions, bugs or system crashes.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and to fulfill your orders.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you marketing communications about our products and services.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services of our affiliated entities.
- To send you marketing communications about products and services of other entities that we think may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in advertising on third party websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Application are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- For research, including research for publication, and analytics purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- To create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized or de-identified data sets. We may use such data sets for research, product and services improvement and development, marketing, advertising, trend analysis and other purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Third Parties. We disclose your information to third parties, including entities working on academic research and product development to promote health and wellness, entities that can translate data into information you can use to
improve health and wellness, and entities that may be able to provide you with information and educational materials that may support your journey to a healthy lifestyle.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to help us understand the use of our Services. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to
https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at
- Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (hyperlink to
http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (hyperlink to
http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based
personalized ads from member companies.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy
or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third
party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the
safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, pseudonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
providers may do so on our behalf).
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close
your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies
from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web
and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service
providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeting
advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section.
Our Application may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the
information practices of such third-party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee
What Choices Do I have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you
opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below.
3200 Gracie Kiltz Lane, Suite 301, Mailbox #7, Austin, Texas 78758
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically.
We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site or Application. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to
provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site or Application or sending you an email.